The Surgery is an approved training practice for the training of medical students and FY2 doctors. Being an approved training practice means that:
- patients can directly contribute to the training of future GPs
- patients who consult with the FY2 doctors will have longer consultations
- it keeps all doctors and nurses keep in touch with new medical developments and skills
- It improves all doctors’ and nurses’ consultation and training skills
- It ensures that clinical standards and standards of medical record keeping are maintained
- It helps with recruitment of high quality doctors to the practice for job vacancies
FY2s are qualified doctors and are continuing their medical training.
An essential component of training in all medical practice is the use of video and consultations with the both the FY2 and trainee doctor present. We hope that all our patients will be willing to take part in these educational consultations to help us all in improving and maintaining our medical and consultation skills. All video recordings are strictly confidential and are used for teaching only. We will not video your consultation without your consent. Please inform Reception if you would prefer not to participate.